Thursday, February 28, 2013

SPAIN!

Remember when I bought that spontaneous flight to Brazil... Well I'm back at the spontaneous spending friends. I bought my flight to Spain today! I have to admit the purchase of this flight was just slightly more premeditated than my ticket to Brazil. I've known that my brother will be studying abroad in Spain this summer and naturally, the traveling soul that I am, I knew I had to visit him. Oh, and it's his 21st birthday and he will be in a country without a legal drinking age... the irony! I'm excited to visit and celebrate his birthday though!


This time around, I will be traveling with my roommate, Erin, and we're really excited to see a lot of Spain. You may remember that I did an illustration for my Brazil trip... this time around I depicted our travels within Spain. We fly into Madrid to stay for a day or two, then take a train to stay in beautiful Barcelona for a few days, and then we meet up with my brother in Malaga for his b-day celebrations. Next, we visit Seville for a day (maybe two because I've heard its gorgeous), then head back to Madrid for the flight home. I have never traveled in such a nomadic way when going abroad. My previous experiences include; studying abroad in Italy, in which our trips were planned by other people for the most part, and Brazil of course, where I stayed with a friend and was in Rio for almost all of the trip. I'm really excited to get a different, less planned, travel method under my belt; all the while sipping sangria, eating chocolate covered churros, followed by a wonderful Spanish guitarist. Hey. A girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment